August – September 2019
Car Free Day is a free international event celebrated every September 22 in which people are encouraged to get around without driving alone in cars and instead ride a train, bus, bicycle, carpool, vanpool, subway, or walk. For those that have the ability to work from home, telework also counts. Car Free Day is open to all people in the Washington metropolitan area.
To participate in this fun and worthwhile event, just fill out the pledge form, then go car free or car-lite (carpool, vanpool) on Saturday, September 21 through Monday, September 23, 2019; participate for one or all days, it’s up to you!
Once you pledge, you receive special promotions and are entered into a free raffle to win great prizes. Already car free? You also get the same chance to win prizes when you fill out the pledge form.
2019 Raffle Prizes
- D.C. United Pair of Tickets, courtesy D.C. United
- Newseum Pair of Tickets, courtesy Freedom Forum Institute
- Capital Bikeshare annual memberships, courtesy goDCgo
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A, courtesy Tri-County Council for Southern Maryland
- KIND Healthy Snacks gift bag, courtesy KIND, #bekindtoyourself
- SmarTrip cards with $25 in fare, courtesy Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
- Free T-shirt and annual membership, courtesy East Coast Greenway Alliance
- Grocery Store gift cards of $25 value, courtesy Giant Food
- Pair of single ride tickets, courtesy VRE
- Annual memberships, courtesy Washington Area Bicyclist Association
- A free crepe of your choice, courtesy Crepeaway
- Tickets for four to George Washington’s Mount Vernon, courtesy The Mount Vernon Ladies’ Association of the Union