Written by Nate A.
NetApp Config Advisor is a tool used to validate an existing NetApp configuration. It can also validate configurations for a FlexPod including the Cisco components. The latest release, version 4.1.1 is now available.
The following text is taken from the product support info.
Config Advisor 4.1 – New Features
- Clustered DATA ONTAP 8.3.0 support
- New Plugin – Metro Cluster in clustered DATA ONTAP
- FAS8000 support in all FlexPod SAN Boot Architectures except ‘Classic FCP to Storage Controller’
- Plugin Profile Support for MetroCluster in clustered Data ONTAP
- Disk Overview table enhanced to show latest Disk Models on par with Support site
- AutoSupport (from file) tab enhanced to show appropriate error message when duplicate file name added
- ‘Management Switch RCF check’ enhanced to ignore quotes in ISL port-channel name
- OpenSSL upgrade to 188.8.131.52h to fix security issues
- PDF report cell values overlap for large text is fixed
- Config Advisor task runs in task-manager after the closing of UI is fixed
- ‘Volume Info tab’ fixed for duplicate volume details shown when some DATA ONTAP version shows differently indented command output
- ‘HA configuration checks’ is fixed for parse errors in option mismatch when comments found in ‘Options’ command output
- ‘FlexPod Nexus 7000 Switch UCS FCoE uplink check’ fixed to fail when different vSAN ids found
- ‘SAS cabling checks’, ‘Cluster Node Port Roles’ and ‘FlexPod Nexus 7000 Switch UCS FCoE uplink check’ enhanced to fix a rare ‘None Type’ exception
- ‘Cluster Switch RCF check’ for CN16xx showing incorrect error ‘interface missing’ due to parser failure fixed
- Number of external shelves supported for FAS25xx fixed