ActioNet, Inc. announced today the award of a five-year contract for operation, maintenance, and enhancement services of the Railroad Safety Information System (RSIS) for the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) with a total value of over $11M. RSIS is a mission-critical system that monitors and reports on the current state of safety in the railroad industry nationwide.
About FRA RSIS
RSIS is the FRA’s principal repository for data related to railroad accidents and incidents, inspections, highway-rail crossings and other rail safety related information. The information in RSIS is made available to a variety of stakeholders including railroads, rail labor, other Federal, State and local agencies, non-governmental organizations, academia and the general public primarily through FRA’s safety data websites.
RSIS is used by the FRA for the following:
- Providing a central and authoritative source for rail safety information;
- Safety trend and risk analysis
- Accident/Incident Reporting compliance (Situational awareness/incident reporting of rail incidents and employee fatalities)
- Data/statistical/economic analysis for rulemaking support and regulatory evaluation
- Supporting compliance monitoring and enforcement efforts
- Performance/Budget reporting under the Government Performance Results Act (GPRA)
- Resource allocation through FRAs National Inspection Plan (NIP)
- Promoting highway-rail crossing safety and trespass prevention education, outreach and communication efforts
- e-Gov and data sharing services for the rail industry and other Federal agencies
- Inspector performance management
About ActioNet, Inc.
ActioNet, Inc., headquartered in Vienna, Virginia, is a CMMI-DEV Level 4 and CMMI-SVC Level 4, ISO 9001:2015, and woman-owned IT Services Firm with strong qualifications and expertise in Program Management, Infrastructure Solutions, Information Assurance, Software Engineering and IT Business Governance. As a process-oriented company, ActioNet also follows the Project Management Institute (PMI) methodology as well as Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) standards. ActioNet has outstanding past performance, as evidenced by our “Exceeds Customer Expectations” rating from Dun & Bradstreet and a 92 out of 100 rating from Open Ratings. ActioNet holds the highest 3A1 Financial Rating from Dun & Bradstreet. ActioNet was named one of the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 winners in 2008 for the sixth year in a row. For more information, please visit our website at www.actionet.com
Marketing Department, 703-204-0090 Ext.102, [email protected].