ActioNet Inc. announced today that it has been awarded an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Total Information Processing Support Services (TIPSS-3) Contract under the System Security Services (SSS) Functional Area. ActioNet was one of only six small businesses to win this award. This is a five year contract that can be used not only within the Department of the Treasury, but also other Federal Agencies such as the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the Department of Justice (DOJ) and many others.
ActioNet’s President & CEO, Ashley W. Chen, attributes this contract award to the strong foundation that ActioNet has established in multiple IT functional areas including IT Security, Enterprise Software Development, Process Improvement, Project Management, Systems Integration and Training.
Using TheTIPSS-3 Contract
The third iteration of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Total Information Processing Support Services (TIPSS-3) Contract was originally issued as a Statement of Objectives (SOO) in lieu of the traditional Statement of Work (SOW) to encourage the TIPSS-3 contractors to propose an innovative, transformational solution as part of bringing their best industry practices and knowledge to the government. The advantages of using the TIPSS-3 vehicle include:
- Goes beyond maintaining the use of current hardware, operating systems and software
- Advances the use of current systems, improves upon and streamlines them, crafts new applications and introduces new technologies as they emerge
- Gives expert assistance in configuring and managing computer hardware, software and networks, in training customers, and in improving systems and network security
- Provides comprehensive studies and solutions for system development
- Fulfills requirements on short notice to accelerate development
- Varying contract types including indefinite-delivery-indefinite quantity, cost-plus-fixed-fee, fixed price and time-and-materials featuring term, completion and performance-based task orders
- Multi-Agency Use
- No Administrative Fee for Use
The continuing emergence and rapid adoption of new technologies by the government strongly suggest that the nature of IT support services tasks will not necessarily resemble those of prior years.
For more information about TIPSS-3, please visit www.irs.gov.
About ActioNet, Inc.
ActioNet, Inc., headquartered in Fairfax, Virginia, is a leading information technology services provider specializing in Software Development, Systems Integration, Training, and IT Security.
ActioNet, Inc. was founded by Ashley W. Chen in 1998 with the vision of “helping customers align their IT strategies with their business goals”. ActioNet has maintained a corporate philosophy of:
- Building long-term relationships with clients by providing the highest quality services.
- Encouraging employee learning and self-improvement, giving each dedicated employee the chance to grow with ActioNet.
- Keeping ActioNet’s standards high through teamwork and commitment to quality.
In 2006, ActioNet plans to pursue ISO 9001:2000 certification. We are strong believers in process improvement so we can better serve our customers.
Ashley W. Chen, ActioNet, Inc., 703-204-0090 Ext. 108, [email protected]