Agility is the ability to move easily and quickly. ActioNetAgile™ embodies project nimbleness and work rhythms that iteratively deliver working software.
ActioNetAgile™ offers a philosophy and framework for project management, which incorporates Scrum, Extreme Programming, and DevSecOps software development methods. ActioNet delivers usable software with no delays, saving our customers time and money while getting new services to market in record time.
ActioNetAgile™ is built on a combination of frameworks including the Project Management Institute PMBOK®, ITIL®, CMMI®, and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) focusing on end-user and technology alignment, quality, transparency, execution, and maintainability. This transforms the traditional development paradigm, taking a “software defined everything” approach that fully uses Cloud service capabilities.
ActioNet is a DevSecOps leader with the personnel, tools, repeatable processes, and proven competency to achieve rapid software development and deployment pipeline cycles with seamless Production deployments. We automate component activities to minimize manual processes resulting in accelerated delivery.
To create the most effective user experience, we leverage modern techniques derived from principles of Human Centered Design and the US Digital Service Playbook.
Testament to that are ActioNet’s prestigious quality certifications and deep experience:
- CMMI-DEV Level 4 Externally Assessed
- CMMI-SVC Level 4 Externally Assessed
- ISO 9001 (Quality)
- Dedicated corporate Agile Software Engineering and DevSecOps practice
- ActioNet’s Innovation Center (AIC) and various communities of interest (COIN)
- Expertise in Human Centered Design (HCD), User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX), and the US Digital Service Playbook
• Agile Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Project Management advisory and coaching services by certified coaches for various methodologies such as Scrum and SAFe
• CMMI based full lifecycle Agile software delivery
• Full DevSecOps for secure software development and deployment through automation of code and testing cycles to ensure seamless, high-confidence production deployments
• Human Centered Design (HCD), UI/UX Engineering, Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
• Agile adoption planning and execution; Agile transformation from other methodologies; Agile process and performance improvement
• Solution-based full lifecycle agile software delivery
• Software architecture, design, development, testing, deployments, and O&M
Application and Portfolio Modernization
• Custom development with well-known frameworks such as JEE and .NET as well as open source
• Low-code/no-code development leveraging ServiceNow and Salesforce platforms
• Test, deployment, and code health check automation
• Cloud-based software delivery ecosystems
Agile Team Augmentation and Surge Support
Some of our customers who have in-house skill set to manage software solutions often want to procure agile teams to bridge skill set gaps or for surge support.
Implementing an automated DevOps Pipeline Solution to Managed Business Critical Systems
Our customer had initiated both Agile and DevOps practices, but these initiatives lacked a maturity map to foster adoption of an agency-wide culture and technology shift.
What We Did
ActioNet partnered with the customer to mature their Agile software development practices, integrated selected DevOps best practices to produce a tailored framework customized to support their requirements. We also provided automated application testing, modern change and configuration management, software build, packaging, deployment orchestration, and release management utilizing industry best practice tools. Our team implemented a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology for organizing portfolio management of 16 simultaneous scrum teams for both news development and maintenance. We also provided ongoing maintenance activities including tired end-user support, environment management, and infrastructure support of all systems.
By implementing a Kanban approach, we enabled the customer scrum teams to meet their sprint commitments and establish a methodology for addressing changing priorities of work. We utilized these same techniques to manage our own work to provide additional software development teams to the customer and further increase the stability and predictability of software deployments.