Written by Rebecca C.
ActioNet University is growing! Originally established in 2014, ActioNet University has served as ActioNet’s internal training program, hosting courses taught by subject matter experts and process owners throughout the organization to share our knowledge and foster understanding of corporate standards and methodologies.
As the company grows, so do the company’s needs for training that covers a wider array of subjects, and is available to suit the employee’s schedule. As a result, in 2015 ActioNet University is taking a major step forward as we implement the Cornerstone On Demand Learning Management System to host our training program. Through our partnership with Cornerstone On Demand, ActioNet University will soon be hosted on a state-of-the-art Learning Management System that not only supports our internal classroom and webinar training, but also provides the infrastructure to support company-developed and commercially contracted on-demand training in a variety of technical and management subjects. These courses will be available at no or minimal cost to employees and can be completed at the employee’s availability, without impacting the work day.
Initial technical topics include:
- Agile Software Development
- Software Testing Foundations
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 (Configuring, Administration, Designing and Developing Applications)
- Microsoft Windows 7 (Configuration, Enterprise Desktop Administrator, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (New Features, Configuring Active Directory, Configuring Network Infrastructure, Configuring Applications Infrastructure, Server Administration, Enterprise Administration, Update to R2)
- VMware (Overview, workstation, Datacenter Virtualization with vSphere 5)
- CompTIA Security+
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- CISCO: (Integrating Cisco Unified Communications Applications, Implementing CISCO IP Routing, Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks)
- ITIL Foundations
- Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP)
- …as well as a variety of general business courses, and ActioNet’s own Project Manager Boot Camp.
In addition, ActioNet University will continue to bring our unrivaled ability to negotiate the best possible pricing for vendor training to our employees, with common vendor courses included in the ActioNet University catalog, and special or individual training needs continuing to be supported through our Training Manager.
ActioNet Employees will be able to:
- Navigate the course catalog to see and request courses of interest.
- Schedule courses and add them to their Outlook calendars.
- Obtain approvals, where needed, to participate in training.
- Express interest in courses that may not have currently scheduled sessions, so that AU instructors know to schedule the course based on interest levels.
- View their training records and generate reporting to substantiate their training history where needed for certification maintenance (e.g., for PMP requirements).
In addition, supervisors and managers will be able to:
- Directly assign training from the course catalog to their employees.
- View status of training completion by their team members.
- Generate reporting on training completed within their teams.
- Generate reports of certifications held within their teams.
This move forward supports our goal of providing world-class training and career development for ActioNeters around the country and around the globe. For more information, contact [email protected].